In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This is neither an issue of political affiliation or nationalistic loyalty.
- Not to mention that religion and media moguls propagate the popularity of that nationalistic pride that most Americans have.
- They said it was nationalistic, jingoistic, imperialistic and represented a bad and unjust past.
- His nationalistic tone and speeches against the European Union became ever louder.
- The political movement in which it was based became increasingly nationalistic and isolationist.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.