In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nacionalizarnationalized industry — industria nacionalizada feminine
- They no longer harbour notions of socialism, or nationalising industry.
- By nationalizing all industry and controlling social life, the ruling party made employees out of virtually the entire population.
- This Government has nationalised the industry, and we now have monopolies with State-owned enterprises on a regional basis.
- Domestically, Bhutto pursued a populist agenda and nationalized major industries and the banking system.
- But in order to attract foreign investment into the country the government has agreed to ‘liberalise prices’ and privatise the remaining nationalised industries.
- The country's large oil industry was nationalised and the monarchy overthrown.
- Allende's government did nationalise some industry in its first year.
- It wants greater control, to nationalise industries, regulate businesses, and tax everyone to the hilt.
- No Democrats talk about nationalizing industries, and no Republicans talk about abolishing Social Security or Medicare.
- The major industries were all nationalised, trade union power was dominant, and taxes were sky high.
- IN 1965 there was a crisis after the regime nationalised the oil industry, threatening the Anglo-Dutch multinational Shell, which had a monopoly on Indonesia's oil.
- But he had no intention of nationalising the industry - he would not break existing agreements with multinationals, he announced.
- Collectivist institutions like the trade unions, local government, and nationalized industries had already been weakened by the end of the 1980s, as a result of Conservative policies.
- Indeed, landowners were expropriated almost immediately, while banks, commerce and industry were nationalized.
- Thus, in 1953 the CIA and British intelligence collaborated in overthrowing the nationalist regime of Mohammed Mossadegh in Iran after he nationalized the oil industry in that country.
- We discussed different issues: not paying the external debt anymore, re-nationalizing the privatized industries, nationalizing the banks and the international trade.
- The impetus was provided by the Baath regime's decision to nationalise the oil industry.
- This industry has not been nationalised; it has been regulated.
- Severe economic crisis, a blockade by US imperialism and the flight of most of China's capitalists to Taiwan and Hong Kong forced the CCP to nationalise most industries.
- But let's remember when Attlee's government nationalised industries, it didn't do it to put the working class in power.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.