In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1she's a natural-born teacher — nació para ser profesora
- As well as being an artist, he was a natural-born teacher.
- As well as having a natural-born talent and vast imagination, it seems his trick in creating the most popular television series was keeping his eyes and ears open.
- With Braveheart, Mel Gibson demonstrated his prowess as a natural-born director.
- Apparently cats do not get enough protein from tinned food and being natural-born predators even couch-potato felines will feast as nature intended.
- Dave is a natural-born scammer who, along with a couple of pals, has cheated his way through university.
- ‘My running mate is a natural-born leader,’ Kerry said.
- His colleagues describe him as a natural-born workaholic who can keep a sharp mind even after working all night.
- From those intense and physically demanding days of her apprenticeship Louise nurtured her natural-born talent for designing. cutting and creating spectacular hairstyles.
- Rufus is thorough in exploring the differences between natural-born loners and pseudo-loners.
- As natural-born philosophers, the Greeks knew that when it came to preparing for the Olympics, the last minute was as good as any other.
- But like all natural-born followers, I require a main party leader to lead the way first.
- He was captivating, a natural-born performer who knew how to modulate his voice, to gesture compellingly, to manipulate silence and mood so that I found myself laughing one moment and nearly weeping the next.
- He's either a natural-born bore, or just immature and simply not ready to have a girlfriend.
- He's a natural-born performer, exuding charisma on stage - and frequently off it, as he scuttles into the crowd to give a wary punter a passionate bear hug.
- He was such a natural-born actor that I just assumed he would go on acting.
- Is she really a natural-born celebrator, joyous and outgoing at every turn?
- A natural-born performer, Brown began writing her own music when she was 12 years old.
- She's a natural-born peacemaker and, ultimately, can help bring harmony to just about any uncomfortable situation.
- For example, I'm something of a natural-born show-off (hadn't you guessed?)
- There are natural-born short sleepers who are perfectly healthy with fewer than six hours.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.