In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It thus encompasses in a unique way the arts, social sciences, and natural sciences.
- The university offered studies in theology, medicine, and law, but nothing at that time in the natural sciences.
- In addition, all institutions have freshman introductory courses both in natural sciences and social sciences.
- In such schools English can be used as the medium of instruction for mathematics and the natural sciences, while Urdu can be the medium for other subjects.
- In 1910 he began studying medicine at Munich University, but he soon switched to natural sciences, then engineering.
- The left-hand column below lists natural sciences; the right-hand one, human sciences.
- The work of Darwin and the subsequent discoveries in both the physical and natural sciences have moved this process toward completion.
- Human actions and reactions do not conform to the laws of physics, mechanics, or the natural sciences.
- Mathematics and statistics, like the natural sciences, draw their strength from being abstract.
- We also expect an increased participation of our project partners from the physical and natural sciences.
- Medicine and the natural sciences were also undergoing similar transformations.
- Physics, the most mathematical of the natural sciences, should suffer the least from this abhorrent tendency.
- The next trick deals with exploiting the differences between the natural sciences and disciplines like linguistics, properly part of the humanities.
- Undergraduate majors in the arts and humanities, natural sciences, or social sciences can prepare you for law school.
- In the natural sciences, biology and geology should be emphasized.
- Students at Birkbeck carry out research in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
- However, young Danes tend to choose humanistic or social science studies over the natural sciences.
- The first is a scientific encyclopaedia covering logic, natural sciences, psychology, geometry, astronomy, arithmetic and music.
- Compared to the natural sciences and medicine, psychology is a relatively new field.
- By the 1990s, biology had replaced physics as the most important and visible of the natural sciences in America.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.