In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Instead of naturalness and spontaneity we have had thirty odd years of media manipulation.
- The outstanding characteristics of furniture during the Ming Dynasty were simplicity and naturalness.
- With one exception, they are spoken texts and so have the spontaneity and naturalness that make for pleasurable reading.
- What charms tourists, however, is its naturalness and simplicity.
- The result was a naturalness that is rarely encountered in the opera house.
- Her jeans, T-shirt and bare feet enhance the air of naturalness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.