In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Britishnaturistabefore noun naturist beach — playa naturista / nudista
- British naturists are doing a charity swim in Loch Ness in Scotland to raise funds for cancer research.
- From Devon to the Isle of Arran, the naturists have their pick.
- Scottish naturists, like their fellow hobbyists in England, are often forced to go abroad in search of suitable locations.
- There appear to be very few rules at the naturist club.
- Naturists make an awful lot of fuss about the fact that we were all born naked to justify their peculiar inclination to carry on being naked.
- The couple believe they are the first to host nude dinners in Scotland, though there are naturist guesthouses in the Borders and Glasgow.
- The practice, known as "boots-only hiking", is becoming increasingly popular in the south and the Lake District but naturists have never been seen wandering the Dales before.
- Maybe they were naturists and believed it their right to expose themselves in public.
- Playa des Cavallett (south of the airport in Ibiza) and Playa de las Salinas are both popular gay haunts and Playa des Cavallett is also an official naturist beach.
- Then, the next year, we came across a naturist beach on holiday in England by looking for a beach where we could take our dog.
- I also think the human body is beautiful and love just letting it all hanging out, I could live in a naturist colony for sure.
- The only neighbor is a naturist camping place that is situated in the next bay.
- German naturists are often office workers who enjoy healthy sunshine.
- I have attended swimming sessions of two naturist clubs, albeit using facilities at Haddington, some distance from the city.
- The material was legitimately available in Germany and in his view contained pictures of general naturist interest.
- On a more mundane level, increasing numbers of naturists are enjoying a naked swim during closed sessions in baths all over Scotland.
- But at weekends he travels to Leeds - to swim in the nude with a naturist club.
- The only way to reach the site is over a scenic rocky outcrop that just happens to be a favourite spot for German naturists.
- Ireland, the only country in Europe which still bans nude bathing, is facing a mass campaign by naturists for a change in the law.
- Meanwhile, I have also attended naturist sessions in Glasgow, within the city limits.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.