In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1náusea feminineit fills me with nausea — me da náuseas
- He was still weak and shaky, but the dreadful enervation and nausea had disappeared.
- Regurgitation is different from vomiting in that it is not preceded or accompanied by nausea.
- Side effects of metformin include mild nausea, diarrhoea, and abdominal bloating.
- The nausea before mealtimes also mostly disappeared, only to be replaced by a complete lack of appetite.
- Gastroenteritis can cause diarrhoea, stomach cramps, vomiting, nausea, fever and severe headaches.
- Dizziness and nausea swept over her, a loud roaring noise filling her ears.
- Only a few patients experienced postoperative nausea, so any statistical evaluation would be meaningless.
- For 24 hours following the surgery and anesthesia, she experienced extreme nausea and dizziness.
- When I woke up the next morning a wave of nausea automatically hit me.
- I had a few dizzy spells and moments of acute nausea but gradually began to feel better.
- Cancer chemotherapy can cause severe nausea, vomiting, and abdominal discomfort, which can limit therapy.
- Gradually the feeling of nausea passed, and she was able to stand comfortably.
- Around three quarters of women experience nausea in early pregnancy and around half also vomit.
- Common side effects include chronic nausea and vomiting, hair loss, mouth sores, extreme fatigue and depression.
- A wave of nausea passed over him, and he closed his eyes and swallowed hard.
- The pain may be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light.
- The effects of salmonella on the body cause abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea.
- I feel a pounding behind my eyes, the beginning of a headache, and nausea in my stomach.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.