In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1náusea feminineit fills me with nausea — me da náuseas
- Dizziness and nausea swept over her, a loud roaring noise filling her ears.
- Gastroenteritis can cause diarrhoea, stomach cramps, vomiting, nausea, fever and severe headaches.
- Gradually the feeling of nausea passed, and she was able to stand comfortably.
- He was still weak and shaky, but the dreadful enervation and nausea had disappeared.
- The effects of salmonella on the body cause abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea.
- For 24 hours following the surgery and anesthesia, she experienced extreme nausea and dizziness.
- Common side effects include chronic nausea and vomiting, hair loss, mouth sores, extreme fatigue and depression.
- I had a few dizzy spells and moments of acute nausea but gradually began to feel better.
- The nausea before mealtimes also mostly disappeared, only to be replaced by a complete lack of appetite.
- When I woke up the next morning a wave of nausea automatically hit me.
- Only a few patients experienced postoperative nausea, so any statistical evaluation would be meaningless.
- Regurgitation is different from vomiting in that it is not preceded or accompanied by nausea.
- Around three quarters of women experience nausea in early pregnancy and around half also vomit.
- Cancer chemotherapy can cause severe nausea, vomiting, and abdominal discomfort, which can limit therapy.
- I feel a pounding behind my eyes, the beginning of a headache, and nausea in my stomach.
- Side effects of metformin include mild nausea, diarrhoea, and abdominal bloating.
- The pain may be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light.
- A wave of nausea passed over him, and he closed his eyes and swallowed hard.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.