In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ombligo masculineto contemplate one's navel — rascarse el ombligo
- before noun navel ring — anillo en el ombligo
- For two years I had occasional pain in the abdomen especially around the navel for short durations.
- Claude smiled lazily and stretched, showing off her tiny ruby navel ring.
- She has already pierced her nose, her ears, her navel and now, her tongue.
- Can you feel the breath radiating life energy from your navel into your arms, legs and head?
- Abdominal examination revealed a large scar from the navel downwards.
- Tighten your abs by pulling your navel toward your spine and lean to the right.
- If the patient wears a navel ring, she is asked to remove it.
- Soo Lin's shirt was tight and small and showed her bare navel, which had the ring in it.
- A jewel sparkled from her pierced navel and her jeans rode low on her hips.
- The dead man has a Batman tattoo and a pierced navel.
- Put the palm of your right hand on the abdomen, just above the navel, and press up against the solar plexus or pit of the stomach.
- An umbilical hernia occurs when part of the intestine protrudes through a weakness in the abdominal wall at the navel.
- Her size two trousers hang about her hips, exposing a navel ring.
- Her slender waist was now bare exposing the deep navel.
- Pain below the navel that spreads to either side may signify a colon disorder.
- Exhale as you contract your abdominal muscles, pulling your navel toward your spine.
- She also had her navel pierced but she didn't show it off so much.
- Symptoms include a gnawing or burning sensation in the abdomen between the navel and the sternum.
- The child may have low back pain, stomach pain below the navel, or a long-lasting fever.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.