In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(direction-finding)feminine navegaciónfeminine direcciónnavigation satellite — satélite de navegación masculine
- The ship will be fitted with air/surface search and navigation radars.
- There are plenty of hands-on activities, covering all aspects of seamanship, including navigation, weather forecasting and ship-handling.
- The war bred clever innovation in radar systems, navigation aids and bomb sites.
- Precise land navigation in any weather by day or night will be as commonplace as the exact time.
- For the first millennium of mankind's navigation of the seas, we only skimmed the surface.
- He made systematic astronomical observations on his voyage which provided important navigation charts to later explorers.
- Inside is a guidance control unit with inertial navigation and global positioning systems.
- Environmental and weather conditions must be right, and flight planning and navigation must be precise.
- In addition, atom lasers may yield extremely precise gyroscope navigation for air and space travel.
- The system also provides flight control and navigation data intended for mission specific systems and equipment.
- Phoenix will be used as a demonstrator for the autonomous navigation and flight-control system used for the final approach and landing of the unmanned vehicle.
- While on the route, the aircraft practice visual low-level navigation, simulated threat reactions and simulated target attacks.
- The aircraft has state-of-the-art flight deck, avionics and navigation equipment.
- Reliable in-car navigation only becomes possible with high position accuracy combined with an up-to-date map database.
- Now, here as elsewhere, they carry machetes, automatic weapons and navigation equipment.
- There were quite a few parallel paths, which made navigation more difficult.
- It is equipped with a global positioning system navigation system.
- The locations of the mines were then confirmed using underwater navigation and communications technology.
- However, the mountain range was not on the navigation charts used by the US Navy.
- Now, Global Positioning Systems and satellite navigation are more accurate and widely available.
- Its flight control, navigation and vehicle management are independent and based on a mission plan.
- The launcher unit is equipped with an onboard land navigation system.
- The pair, who were good friends, shared an interest in air navigation.
2(of channel, river)navegación feminine
3(marine traffic)navegación femininebefore noun navigation laws — leyes marítimas / de navegación feminine
- The first four conditions were designed to avoid conflict between competing landowners and to keep at least part of the river open to navigation and upstream fishermen.
- Inland water navigation offers considerable economic and ecological advantages over other forms of transport in many areas and industries.
- In that case a vessel sank through the negligence of her owners in the River Dee obstructing navigation.
- On Wednesday, the ministers signed two agreements - on sea navigation and air transport.
- These were sold to the United States in 1904, but it was not until 1914 that the Panama Canal was opened for navigation.
- He intended to do this prior to the seasonal cessation of river navigation due to winter and the expedition's retirement to a wintering ground.
- This maneuver opened the river to navigation farther upstream and stopped the overflow of water into the lake.
- The emphasis is on railway transport, river navigation receiving less attention.
- These structures enable the Corps to control the rivers for navigation and flood prevention.
- Last year 800,000 people visited and basic navigation is still essential to trade, tourism and sport.
- The freeze could hurt the ability of Russia's largest shipping firm, to export oil once rivers reopen for navigation in the spring, the company warned.
- As we have seen, however, the practical exercise of a right to arrest ships in passage poses serious dangers to navigation, and it is rarely used as a means of enforcing anti-pollution regulations.
- "Inland navigation keeps traffic off our highways and affects commerce, " he says.
- Sometimes a third party such a harbour pilot is at fault, or a navigation authority.
- Secondly it enables the authority to raise much-needed revenue towards the cost of maintaining the river for public navigation.
- Humber Pilots Ltd, the organisation that handled river navigation until a row over terms led to strike action and the end of their contract, said the incident could have had horrendous repercussions.
- It did prove that the river was suitable for navigation and Randell sold his cargo of flour and Cadell brought 4,000 bales of wool back on his return journey.
- Keelboat and steamboat navigation was always treacherous, and with the arrival of railroads, river transportation became unimportant.
- Rivers were open to ship navigation at that time.
- Inland navigation also plays an important role in the transport of dangerous goods including petroleum products and liquefied gas.
4(on Internet)navegación feminine
- A built-in joystick is intended to support gaming and simplify web site navigation.
- Another criticized the site because the navigation bar appeared only on the home page.
- Your printed page will still show all those unwanted navigation menus and banner ads.
- The current page should be clearly singled out from the other navigation menu options.
- Give your site a face-lift to improve navigation, usability and accessibility.
- Like most webloggers, I do include main navigation on every page.
- Have consistent, intuitive navigation in the same place on every page throughout your site.
- Do you want your navigation buttons to change when the mouse rolls over them?
- Overview mode is a great feature allowing easy navigation of your production.
- Some users will also need help with Web site navigation skills, including how to find the site online.
- Site Finder is a powerful tool that improves Web navigation for users.
- Locate the information you need more quickly and easily using the new intuitive tab navigation on each Web page.
- The software also provides navigation tools to move the image in all directions.
- What about that navigation menu that appears on every single page of your website?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.