In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(direction-finding)feminine navegaciónfeminine direcciónnavigation satellite — satélite de navegación masculine
- Now, here as elsewhere, they carry machetes, automatic weapons and navigation equipment.
- The war bred clever innovation in radar systems, navigation aids and bomb sites.
- It is equipped with a global positioning system navigation system.
- Precise land navigation in any weather by day or night will be as commonplace as the exact time.
- The launcher unit is equipped with an onboard land navigation system.
- There were quite a few parallel paths, which made navigation more difficult.
- Inside is a guidance control unit with inertial navigation and global positioning systems.
- He made systematic astronomical observations on his voyage which provided important navigation charts to later explorers.
- Now, Global Positioning Systems and satellite navigation are more accurate and widely available.
- The aircraft has state-of-the-art flight deck, avionics and navigation equipment.
- While on the route, the aircraft practice visual low-level navigation, simulated threat reactions and simulated target attacks.
- Phoenix will be used as a demonstrator for the autonomous navigation and flight-control system used for the final approach and landing of the unmanned vehicle.
- Its flight control, navigation and vehicle management are independent and based on a mission plan.
- The system also provides flight control and navigation data intended for mission specific systems and equipment.
- In addition, atom lasers may yield extremely precise gyroscope navigation for air and space travel.
- However, the mountain range was not on the navigation charts used by the US Navy.
- Environmental and weather conditions must be right, and flight planning and navigation must be precise.
- The pair, who were good friends, shared an interest in air navigation.
- The ship will be fitted with air/surface search and navigation radars.
- The locations of the mines were then confirmed using underwater navigation and communications technology.
- For the first millennium of mankind's navigation of the seas, we only skimmed the surface.
- There are plenty of hands-on activities, covering all aspects of seamanship, including navigation, weather forecasting and ship-handling.
- Reliable in-car navigation only becomes possible with high position accuracy combined with an up-to-date map database.
2(of channel, river)navegación feminine
3(marine traffic)navegación femininebefore noun navigation laws — leyes de navegación
- The freeze could hurt the ability of Russia's largest shipping firm, to export oil once rivers reopen for navigation in the spring, the company warned.
- Rivers were open to ship navigation at that time.
- The first four conditions were designed to avoid conflict between competing landowners and to keep at least part of the river open to navigation and upstream fishermen.
- Inland navigation also plays an important role in the transport of dangerous goods including petroleum products and liquefied gas.
- This maneuver opened the river to navigation farther upstream and stopped the overflow of water into the lake.
- Humber Pilots Ltd, the organisation that handled river navigation until a row over terms led to strike action and the end of their contract, said the incident could have had horrendous repercussions.
- He intended to do this prior to the seasonal cessation of river navigation due to winter and the expedition's retirement to a wintering ground.
- Last year 800,000 people visited and basic navigation is still essential to trade, tourism and sport.
- Keelboat and steamboat navigation was always treacherous, and with the arrival of railroads, river transportation became unimportant.
- In that case a vessel sank through the negligence of her owners in the River Dee obstructing navigation.
- "Inland navigation keeps traffic off our highways and affects commerce, " he says.
- Secondly it enables the authority to raise much-needed revenue towards the cost of maintaining the river for public navigation.
- Inland water navigation offers considerable economic and ecological advantages over other forms of transport in many areas and industries.
- The emphasis is on railway transport, river navigation receiving less attention.
- These structures enable the Corps to control the rivers for navigation and flood prevention.
- On Wednesday, the ministers signed two agreements - on sea navigation and air transport.
- As we have seen, however, the practical exercise of a right to arrest ships in passage poses serious dangers to navigation, and it is rarely used as a means of enforcing anti-pollution regulations.
- Sometimes a third party such a harbour pilot is at fault, or a navigation authority.
- It did prove that the river was suitable for navigation and Randell sold his cargo of flour and Cadell brought 4,000 bales of wool back on his return journey.
- These were sold to the United States in 1904, but it was not until 1914 that the Panama Canal was opened for navigation.
4(on Internet)navegación feminine
- Do you want your navigation buttons to change when the mouse rolls over them?
- Site Finder is a powerful tool that improves Web navigation for users.
- Like most webloggers, I do include main navigation on every page.
- Have consistent, intuitive navigation in the same place on every page throughout your site.
- Give your site a face-lift to improve navigation, usability and accessibility.
- Some users will also need help with Web site navigation skills, including how to find the site online.
- The software also provides navigation tools to move the image in all directions.
- Overview mode is a great feature allowing easy navigation of your production.
- What about that navigation menu that appears on every single page of your website?
- The current page should be clearly singled out from the other navigation menu options.
- Locate the information you need more quickly and easily using the new intuitive tab navigation on each Web page.
- A built-in joystick is intended to support gaming and simplify web site navigation.
- Your printed page will still show all those unwanted navigation menus and banner ads.
- Another criticized the site because the navigation bar appeared only on the home page.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.