1(tidily)the papers were neatly organized into piles — los papeles estaban cuidadosamente apilados
- the garden is very neatly kept — el jardín está muy bien cuidado
- she was neatly dressed — iba bien arreglada
- Open one of her cupboards and you would find tins of food all neatly stacked.
- Perhaps he should enjoy his neatly trimmed garden during the week while others are working.
- A few blocks away, corner markets still had fruit neatly stacked in pyramids out front.
- This tension is real; pain does not fall neatly on to either side of the Cartesian divide.
- Gender selection neatly shows exactly what is at stake in human genetic engineering.
- No row could more neatly illustrate the deep divisions between Britain's art lovers.
- All of this came neatly together in the rituals the Victorians developed for Christmas.
- Well as someone who doesn't fit neatly into any of their categories, I am disgusted.
- The picture shows a woman with neatly coiffed hair in a smart modern outfit.
- So I took the four cracker tubes out of the tin and stacked them neatly in the cupboard.
2(snugly, conveniently)the table fits neatly into the alcove — la mesa cabe perfectamente en el hueco
- the world doesn't divide up neatly into goodies and baddies — no se puede dividir a la humanidad tan sencillamente entre buenos y malos
3(cleverly)(solve/evade/explain) hábilmente(solve/explain/evade) ingeniosamenteneatly put — bien dicho