In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
nounPlural nebulae, Plural nebulas
- The composition of Phoebe should reflect the composition of the region of the solar nebula where it formed.
- A planetary nebula forms when Sun-like stars gently eject their outer gaseous layers to form bright nebulae with amazing twisted shapes.
- Based on the nebula's distance of 650 light-years, its angular size corresponds to a huge ring with a diameter of nearly three light-years.
- For example, consider the shapes of nebulae - those swirling clouds of gas and dust in which newly hatched stars begin to shine.
- By what principle the ship created and continued to produce the bubble shielding it from the nebula's gasses.
- We have missions that include active nebulas, swirling dust clouds, moving asteroids and asteroid fields.
- The reason why most planetary nebulae are not spherical is not well understood.
- Thus, meteorites represent a fossil record of the early conditions of the solar nebula.
- Jupiter's core formed rapidly relative to the rate at which gas was lost from the solar nebula.
- Edwin Hubble quickly began a detailed study of the spiral nebulae.
- Astronomers suspect that the distant emissions may emanate from the same type of nebulas.
- Until recently, it was thought that shells around planetary nebulae were a rare phenomenon.
- Evolutionists believe that the solar system condensed out of a cloud of gas and dust called a nebula, hence the nebular hypothesis.
- "Planetary nebulae are shells of gas ejected by dying stars, " Kastner explains.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.