In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nigromancia femininenecromancia feminine
- Your grandmother taught you necromancy, right?
- Those who were born with or took upon themselves the burden of necromancy were often looked upon favorably by all four Goddesses, except, of course, the Goddess of Light.
- Some theurgical workings will incorporate elements of thaumaturgy, and divination may include necromancy while today's alchemist may bring in elements of all the other forms.
- In my kingdom, necromancy, magic related with resurrection and death, was illegal.
- Not satisfied with the limitations of human knowledge and power, he begins to practice necromancy.
- Never mind that this was originally a pagan festival; the taint of necromancy (communing with the dead) has been overpowered by a commercialised confectionery fest.
- I tried explaining why she shouldn't talk about or practice necromancy.
- He passed his son through fire, practiced astrology and read omens, and performed necromancy and conjured spirits.
- It will tell you everything that you will need to know about necromancy and Death.
- Every god gave different main abilities; Edea gave mastery of the white fire, Death gave mastery of necromancy, Pyro gave mastery of fire, etcetera.
- Because necromancy has been practiced in many cultures, it includes a variety of techniques.
- Your powers of necromancy would indeed be powerful - he's been dead years.
- First, Saul had zealously enforced Torah's prohibition against necromancy as king of Israel, yet he is now so desperate for guidance that he consults a medium - one who is a criminal by his own laws.
- Is dealing with dead people always necromancy?
- The woman was dead, a walking, talking pale corpse seemingly brought back to life by the omnipotent mystical forces of necromancy.
- Avelacuna died as the final syllable was uttered, and no explanation could be gotten from her, for elves did not practice the dark art of necromancy, the act of returning the soul to the body, if only for a little time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.