In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Multifocal calcifications associated with tumor cell necrosis were also seen.
- Liver cell necrosis is indicated by highly elevated serum liver transaminase levels.
- The present work presents a mechanism leading to cell death, necrosis at the tissue level.
- The pathogenesis of necrosis in toxoplasma encephalitis is unclear.
- Small polyvinyl alcohol beads obstruct the blood supply to the fibroids, causing necrosis and shrinkage
- Complications of radiation therapy include anal ulcers, anal stenosis and necrosis.
- The sinusoidal pattern may have been due to sepsis or necrosis in adjacent tissues.
- Centrally within the larger foci of squamous metaplasia, necrosis may be seen.
- The combination increases the risk of soft tissue necrosis and osteonecrosis.
- As the disease progresses, necrosis and liver cell death may lead to fibrosis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.