In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Why does such a rich nation not do more to alleviate the plight of its deprived and needy members?
- He further noted that such behaviour would continue to disadvantage other needy families in rural communities.
- The receiving family agrees to donate the first-born female kid to another needy family; they may keep any offspring thereafter.
- As an alternative, a consent be taken from the poor and needy patients to receive Zakat funds on their behalf and pay towards the treatment.
- The foremost vision of the Trust is to provide affordable Nursing Education to the needy students from poor and under privileged families.
- Old students also volunteered to help poor and needy students.
- We ran and we danced among the flotsam and jetsum of out digital lives, scattering bon mots like candies to the poor and needy children around us.
- Gandhi spoke of the concept of antyodaya in which we focus attention first on the poorest, most needy people.
- He said the trust was contemplating opening schools, medical dispensaries and hospitals, and cooperative stores for needy persons.
- But if they are needy as a consequence of their criminal, irrational, or imprudent behavior, then it is not a fine thing.
- Political parties will be prevented from wasting milk, water, etc. which can be given to poor and needy people.
- His brother Bob is chairman of the Oak Tree Foundation, which provides humanitarian aid to the poor, sick and needy children of Romania from its base in Huddersfield.
- Staff donated the entire first day's baking to the Salvation Army for distribution to elderly and needy people in the area.
- At this time of year the demands on our welfare organisations are always stretched and a small donation from you can make the world of difference to not only them but also a needy family.
- It is a spirit that seeks out the poorest and most needy people in the community, and assesses projects by the degree to which each will benefit them.
- Parvaiz was a silent social worker who saved many lives by donating blood to poor and needy patients and diving into the said river to save lives.
- A used washing machine is badly needed by two needy people.
- The annual Christmas fuel appeal for the elderly and needy families of the greater Westport area is under way.
- No needy person ever left her presence empty-handed.
- Once again, Government is moving to deprive the most needy members of society whilst, in this case, offering tax cuts to the wealthy.
1the needy — los necesitados
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.