In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It was the latest in a wave of neo-Nazi acts sweeping the country.
- The court rejected a motion by the plaintiff that it consider evidence that P had been heard playing neo-Nazi music.
- The third started in the late 1980s and has involved the DVU and various groups of militant neo-Nazi activists.
- There are certain things you don't want to know about, such as neo-Nazi fascist hatred.
- And this part of the world needs no reminding of the religious underpinnings of neo-Nazi racism during Apartheid, etc.
- The KKK today remains dedicated to white supremacy and radical nativism and has ties to other Fascist and neo-Nazi groups, including the Aryan Nations and the Order.
- These guys had nothing to do with neo-Nazi movements, but everybody was into reggae and ska and the whole two-tone thing, and we really got into it in the late '70s.
- Recent political events, both national and international, have made the Ghetto once again a sensitive spot in Venice. Frequent anti-Semitic and neo-Nazi graffiti have appeared there.
- Many have internalized a toxic mix of elements drawn from Medieval European anti-Semitic iconography and neo-Nazi conspiracy theory.
- She's unrepentant about that period, and she is a focus for all sorts of neo-Nazi activities, which she never, really, distances herself from.
- While its presentation of an omnipresent police state is filled with stunning eye candy and unique action set pieces, it is missing a heart, a reason to care about what happens to the characters within this neo-Nazi regime.
- Spanish police arrested 19 neo-Nazi youths after they beat up a man they found ‘dirty and badly dressed,’ Madrid police officials said on Monday.
- Some of these groups were neo-Nazi militias, and participated in ‘ethnic cleansing’ in their conquered territories.
- Also found were machine guns and other illegal weapons; hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammunition; and a variety of neo-Nazi literature.
- The men from the yellow school bus are members of the Minneapolis-based National Socialist Movement, the second largest neo-Nazi group in the country.
- A normally sleepy town, York was overrun with neo-Nazi skinheads, rival anarchists and so-called antiracists, six weeks ago.
- Under such conditions, the social and political crisis is providing fertile ground for right-wing and neo-Nazi demagogy.
- Official policies were not only an important cause of neo-Nazi violence; it also ignored it, played it down and encouraged it for a long time.
- But in the wake of neo-Nazi poll victories in September, the government is screening potential buyers to ensure it does not become a Nazi shrine.
- He enjoys his only happy moments when he is being applauded by neo-Nazi audiences, to whom he lectures on his evidence.
- I'd have to say this is a film made for people who are interested in this part of German history, and for those who don't mind neo-Nazis and prison violence.
- He did his level best to make life hell for everyone he did not like in this country, a sentiment that is not restricted to neo-Nazis let alone Germans.
- Last year, the German government had sought to ban the ultra-rightist party, which maintains close relations with militant neo-Nazis.
- The area was such a bastion of neo-Nazis he was routinely beaten up or followed home by a van full of abusive members of the far right shouting threats.
- Although directed against neo-Nazis today, tomorrow they can be used against any opposition, particularly one that is based upon the independent interests of the working class and the struggle for socialism.
- Apparently this is a code used by neo-Nazis to refer to Hitler (the eighth letter of the alphabet is H, thus 88 is HH, standing for Heil Hitler), and Jewish groups in Italy are up in arms.
- Virulent anti-Semitism remains central to the perverted worldview of neo-Nazis in Europe, the US and elsewhere.
- We broke up, and he transformed into a neo-Nazi, spouting their racist rhetoric.
- As I have pointed out elsewhere, modern-day German neo-Nazis are demonstrably just as Leftist as Hitler was.
- Two years ago Schröder reacted to widespread indignation at the increasingly bold activities of right-wing skinheads and neo-Nazis by calling for a ‘rebellion by decent people.’
- By the time they get out of jail the Wall has fallen, but one of the youths becomes a leading neo-Nazi in the newly reunited Germany.
- Some of these populist movements originated on the extreme right or contain neo-Nazis and fascists.
- And in a separate development on Friday, three neo-Nazis from Milton Keynes were sent back to Britain after arriving at Brussels airport from Heathrow.
- It is routine for the German federal government to condemn violence against foreigners when the violence is committed by neo-Nazis and racists on the street.
- With the knowledge and backing of both intelligence authorities, the two neo-Nazis distributed the CDs, including lyrics calling for murder, with a circulation of 3,000 copies.
- The government, moreover, rarely misses an opportunity to call for expanded state powers and restrictions on democratic rights on the pretext of combating the neo-Nazis.
- For example, neo-Nazis are permitted to distribute their propaganda completely unhindered and even to operate their own radio station.
- The decision of city authorities to grant the neo-Nazis permission to march in North Toledo was a clear provocation.
- German police detained 71 neo-Nazis during a march in memory of Adolf Hitler's deputy Rudolf Hess in the Bavarian town where he was buried after his 1987 suicide.
- Not surprisingly, a lot of German neo-Nazis skirt their own laws by publishing their rubbish abroad, especially in the USA where it's perfectly legal.
- In the past, I've criticized Klansmen, neo-Nazis, and anti-abortion terrorists.
- The Home Secretary spoke of asylum seekers swamping doctor surgeries and schools - this terminology only helps legitimize the far right, the neo-Nazis.
- There are Israeli neo-Nazis, would you believe it?
- The secret service estimates that approximately 2,200 activists out of a potential 2,400 neo-Nazis are involved in such Kameradschaften.
- I would look instead to the neo-Nazis, the bomb-makers and lone extremists for the real action.
- Canadians believe that, aside from isolated acts by bigots and neo-Nazis, racism is not deeply embedded in our culture and social institutions.
- It also reminded me of the leering German neo-Nazis, described in Ray Hill's 1980's book The Other Face of Terror (also a film) when he was working undercover as an anti-fascist mole.
- I have no doubt that most, if not all of them, are neo-Nazis who deny the Holocaust and who are racist and anti-Semitic.
- The label ‘terrorist’ has rarely stuck to German neo-Nazis.
- This has produced a backlash of populist anti-immigrant feeling, as well as unpleasant groups of neo-Nazis.
- I point out that, to the contrary, neo-Nazis are prone to very complex thinking - since their view of the world is contradicted on every hand.
- With the exception of a few crazed neo-Nazis, I believe everyone in the world is glad they were not born into a place where they were raised as anti-Semitic slaves to the state.
- I won't even mention that Johnny Adair's first post-release visitors to Bolton were a group of German neo-Nazis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.