In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But in the wake of neo-Nazi poll victories in September, the government is screening potential buyers to ensure it does not become a Nazi shrine.
- Recent political events, both national and international, have made the Ghetto once again a sensitive spot in Venice. Frequent anti-Semitic and neo-Nazi graffiti have appeared there.
- Under such conditions, the social and political crisis is providing fertile ground for right-wing and neo-Nazi demagogy.
- A normally sleepy town, York was overrun with neo-Nazi skinheads, rival anarchists and so-called antiracists, six weeks ago.
- Official policies were not only an important cause of neo-Nazi violence; it also ignored it, played it down and encouraged it for a long time.
- The men from the yellow school bus are members of the Minneapolis-based National Socialist Movement, the second largest neo-Nazi group in the country.
- These guys had nothing to do with neo-Nazi movements, but everybody was into reggae and ska and the whole two-tone thing, and we really got into it in the late '70s.
- The court rejected a motion by the plaintiff that it consider evidence that P had been heard playing neo-Nazi music.
- Some of these groups were neo-Nazi militias, and participated in ‘ethnic cleansing’ in their conquered territories.
- She's unrepentant about that period, and she is a focus for all sorts of neo-Nazi activities, which she never, really, distances herself from.
- Also found were machine guns and other illegal weapons; hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammunition; and a variety of neo-Nazi literature.
- Many have internalized a toxic mix of elements drawn from Medieval European anti-Semitic iconography and neo-Nazi conspiracy theory.
- It was the latest in a wave of neo-Nazi acts sweeping the country.
- The third started in the late 1980s and has involved the DVU and various groups of militant neo-Nazi activists.
- The KKK today remains dedicated to white supremacy and radical nativism and has ties to other Fascist and neo-Nazi groups, including the Aryan Nations and the Order.
- Spanish police arrested 19 neo-Nazi youths after they beat up a man they found ‘dirty and badly dressed,’ Madrid police officials said on Monday.
- There are certain things you don't want to know about, such as neo-Nazi fascist hatred.
- While its presentation of an omnipresent police state is filled with stunning eye candy and unique action set pieces, it is missing a heart, a reason to care about what happens to the characters within this neo-Nazi regime.
- He enjoys his only happy moments when he is being applauded by neo-Nazi audiences, to whom he lectures on his evidence.
- And this part of the world needs no reminding of the religious underpinnings of neo-Nazi racism during Apartheid, etc.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.