In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Due primarily to the influence of the Stalinist Communist Party of Italy, the working class remained passive and disoriented, allowing Forza Italia and the neo-fascists to profit.
- The most recently publicized incident took place last March, when a group of young neo-fascists in Rome attempted to murder 10 Eastern European and African immigrants by setting fire to their makeshift huts under a railroad trellis.
- The SP's new-found concern about collusion between the governmental right and the neo-fascists is thoroughly opportunist and cynical, grounded in narrow electoral considerations.
- For the first time in the history of the Italian republic and for the first time in a democratic country of post-war Europe, some neo-fascists acquired ministerial portfolios.
- The other is that of the militants of the extreme right, like the neo-fascists, who possibly feel politically isolated among a majority which they despise for being too indifferent and stupid to understand their message.
- The sentences differ dramatically from earlier sentences in trials of neo-fascists.
- In the streets in Vienna and across Europe, there is a new and angry resistance to the normalization of neo-fascists in government.
- There are decisive global lessons here, as we witness capitalist politicians of all stripes rallying to the call of neo-fascists that immigrants and refugees be excluded in the defence of ‘our borders’.
- Anywhere else in the world the democrats would be considered a center right party and the republicans would be considered neo-fascists.
- But this has proved just as ineffective in preventing an increase in the ranks of neo-fascists as the prohibition of twenty right-wing organizations since 1980.
- He is content to mix with neo-fascists and appears to share many of their racist and anti-Semitic prejudices.
- Russian police, militant Orthodox Christians and neo-fascists broke up a first ever gay rights march in Moscow, yesterday, but organisers claimed their protest as a ‘great victory’.
- The only answer to the lies of the neo-fascists is to remove the causes of deprivation and environmental neglect by creating educational and job opportunities on the neglected estates and inner-cities.
- It doesn't seem to occur to their proponents that such a strengthening of the state's repressive apparatus, although superficially aimed at the neo-fascists, ultimately undermines democracy itself.
- The unprofessional handling of secret service information is a result of the fact that the connection between the neo-fascists and the secret service was long known in government circles and was regarded as completely normal.
- Is it possible to imagine a single one of the major media figures standing up to the neo-fascists of the Republican right, or even seriously criticizing their activities?
- That despicable cabal of neo-fascists, the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission has shown its usual disdain for the public interest over the last two months.
- Terrorism was much more prevalent in Australia in an earlier period - particularly that committed by some Croatian neo-fascists, who set off a whole lot of bombs.
- The American news media has become an exclusive tool of corporatists and neo-fascists.
- So much for these neo-fascists claiming to be the voice of the working class white man.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.