In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A few months ago, a lovely 8 year old boy visited our neonatal intensive care unit with his parents.
- Infants are traditionally wrapped up well when they are transferred from the delivery suite to the neonatal intensive care unit.
- They were transferred to our neonatal intensive care unit with a presumptive diagnosis of perinatal asphyxia.
- The team studied 150 preterm infants in neonatal intensive care units.
- Primary endpoints were neonatal respiratory distress syndrome and perinatal death.
- High risk obstetrics and neonatal intensive care are high cost, low volume specialties.
- About two thirds of the perinatal deaths occurred in the early neonatal period.
- We explored the association between time to pregnancy and neonatal death in the Danish national birth cohort.
- Maternal and neonatal immunisation offer the best prospects for reducing vertical transmission.
- Some concepts suggest an abnormality in Sertoli cells in the fetal or neonatal period.
- In 2001 he invited a local magistrate to tour a neonatal intensive care ward on a normal day.
- One of the major advances in neonatal respiratory care is the introduction of surfactant.
- The groups were comparable in all other measures of obstetric and neonatal outcome.
- However, modern neonatal intensive care does allow the survival of many premature babies that would have perished in the past.
- And few situations could be more fraught than pre-term or neonatal intensive care.
- A neonatal intensive care nurse will accompany the resident, as well as an intern.
- We carried out the study in a neonatal unit in the main tertiary neonatal referral centre for the south east of Scotland.
- The speciality of neonatal intensive care has developed over the past 30 years.
- She had no previous known liver disease, and her neonatal period and infancy were normal.
- However, the incidence of neonatal sepsis is definitely cut down by these strategies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.