In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A 25-year-old white female had an eight-year history of SLE with associated membranous nephritis, and hypertension.
- The three-year study showed these patients had interstitial nephritis (ie, inflamed kidney tissues) and severely damaged kidney tubules.
- Single cells will be found in nephritis, acute tubular necrosis, kidney transplant rejection and salicylate poisoning.
- It has a wide range of uses including the common cold, heatstroke, acute gastroenteritis, pyelitis, nephritis, edema and liver and gallbladder disorders.
- Six months later, his serum creatinine level began to rise, and a kidney biopsy showed chronic rejection and recurrence of lupus nephritis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.