In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1producto nacional neto masculine
- When a country depletes its natural capital, this is typically ignored in the national accounts, even though depreciation of man-made capital is allowed for (to convert from GNP to net national product, NNP).
- He examines bond rates, net national products and military expenditures in order to fortify his contrarian stance.
- That's why economists looking for an alternative accounting framework to supplement the use of GDP are considering a new measure: green net national product.
- If the economies follow the cooperative solution, the global welfare level (the sum of the individual countries’ welfare levels) is appropriately measured by a static index related to the sum of the counties' green net national products.
- In 2003, net national saving amounted to 1.8 percent of net national product, the lowest share since 1934.
- As a proportion of net national product, central government expenditure in Britain fell from around 18 per cent in 1820-4 to 8.2 per cent in 1910-13; the comparable figures for Germany are 20 per cent and 6.6 per cent.
- Hobson calculates that the British ‘military burden’ between 1870 and 1913 averaged a mere 3.2 percent of net national product; by contrast, the figure for the United States between 1950 and 1974 was 9 percent - nearly three times higher.
- This is regularly done to measure gross and net national products or the output of a diverse industry.
- This study concludes that for general purposes the net national product is the most appropriate base on which to measure the total tax burden.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.