In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Our learning is the result of continued activity along neural pathways via the senses.
- Melanocytes derive from cells of the neural crest and can migrate throughout the body.
- He just assumes that a computer cannot be as subtle or as conscious as the hundreds of neural regions we call the human brain.
- It seems to be a translation of Pavlovian conditioning into neural terms.
- It was an unusual sort of false inference, for most of them are about causes of things, not neural pathways.
- Because of the neural link between sensory perception and motor activity, the ego controls voluntary movement.
- This disclosure is thought to unblock neural pathways by releasing stored information.
- The entire neural spine and arch of the first two vertebrae of this series are exposed.
- Sensory nerve endings in this ligament detect the loading and produce neural signals proportionate to the load.
- By this method, the path of a neural tract can be traced from its origin to its termination.
- Discography is an invasive test that has an inherent risk of infection and neural injury.
- When playing the ultimatum game, be aware that there's a neural basis to economic decision making.
- The neural transmitter couldn't be removed without severing the spinal cord.
- I want to erase this movie from my neural synapses so that no thought of it ever occurs to me again.
- They got cells to mature into what resembled cartilage, liver, and neural tissues.
- To record neural activity, we open the animal and expose part of its nervous system.
- When this occurs due to cold saline irrigation, it appears to have no association to neural trauma.
- Obesity causes neural cell loss in the temporal lobe and is a risk factor for dementia.
- This, he says, will be the study of the neural basis of artistic creativity and achievement.
- He is working on a project with a novel approach to track neural stem cells in vivo.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.