In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In patients older than 50 years, valacyclovir decreases the duration of acute pain and post-herpetic neuralgia compared with acyclovir.
- The most common chronic complication of herpes zoster is postherpetic neuralgia.
- Because it affects pain receptors, capsaicin is used as an analgesic in topical creams and ointments to treat the pain of arthritis, neuralgia, and diabetic neuropathy.
- Neuronal inflammation and necrosis leads to severe pain or postherpetic neuralgia, which increases as the infection travels down the nerve.
- Its anti-inflammatory qualities can help with neuralgia, sciatica and fibrositis, and externally its soothing and anti-bacterial properties will aid in the healing of burns, wounds and infections.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.