In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Fatigue was neurasthenia's chief symptom, bringing a loss of concentration and efficiency.
- In case after case, from somnambulism to neurasthenia to ‘Yuppie flu,’ we see how medical and cultural trends alternately reinforce and erode particular psychosomatic symptoms.
- Review of the catalogue of Chinese herbal drugs showed that treatment of symptoms associated with neurasthenia was indicated in 10 patent drugs of Chinese herbs.
- Whether it is a lung disease or neurasthenia, the symptoms and treatment methods are not uniform.
- In the 19th century, there was neurasthenia, today there's chronic fatigue syndrome.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.