- It is made up from millions of nerve cells called neurones that control your body's functions, senses and thoughts.
- Botulinum toxin induces weakness of striated muscles by inhibiting transmission of alpha motor neurones at the neuromuscular junction.
- These are cells which can be the raw material for all sorts of organs and tissues, from the pancreas to nerve cells, or neurones in the brain, to heart cells.
- The thalamus (of which there is one on each side) is a large and important mass of nerve cells or neurons.
- It is possible to isolate a multipotent stem cell from neural crest that can give rise to neurons, glia, and smooth muscle.