In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Autopsy rates were the highest for fetal and pediatric deaths, and the lowest for neurology / neurosurgery and general surgery deaths.
- These techniques sometimes require the input of other surgical disciplines such as neurosurgery and cardiothoracic surgery.
- Heparin also is used to treat arterial and venous clotting and prevent formation of venous clots in patients who require neurosurgery or orthopedic surgery and in trauma cases.
- In this unit, care is primarily provided for all surgical patients except those who have undergone cardiac surgery or neurosurgery.
- Up to 7,500 patients have already been treated, some of them going to the North or Britain for procedures including neurosurgery and plastic surgery.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.