In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sin embargono obstante formalit is nevertheless true that … — no obstante, es cierto que … formal
- it's an unpleasant, but nevertheless necessary, task — es una tarea desagradable pero necesaria
- it may be a waste of time, but I'm going to try nevertheless — puede que sea una pérdida de tiempo pero de todas maneras lo voy a intentar
- I can't accept, but nevertheless I appreciate your offer — no puedo aceptar pero de todas maneras agradezco su oferta
- I'll be there, nevertheless, but it would be informative to know what to expect coming in.
- She comes across as a needy figure who nevertheless can not stomach true commitment.
- Weighed down with bags, he nevertheless looks as if he has long since recovered from his nightmare.
- Inexperienced as an actor, she nevertheless took on the challenge, making the role her own.
- It is nevertheless the set of attitudes which eventuated in the development of modern capitalism.
- Investors already exposed should nevertheless hold on to see what transpires.
- Warm, arid and scented it may have been, but it was an irritant nevertheless.
- It was a story already well aired in April, but worth repeating nevertheless.
- Any risk is said to be tiny, but it is potentially devastating nevertheless.
- But he was nevertheless disgruntled that he himself would not be donning the shirt.
- While remaining strong, Britain should nevertheless offer a hand of friendship.
- It is nevertheless haunted by the spirits of some of the finest English poets, writers and artists.
- She owns up, nevertheless, to buying art and two homes in Malibu and Vancouver.
- While his education was intense, it was nevertheless exclusively in philosophy.
- He was born with deformities in both legs but nevertheless became a champion rider and high jumper in his teens.
- It is nevertheless surprising to find how clearly he saw the problems that were developing in Europe.
- Others are less jaded but believe nevertheless that its popularity has diminished its value.
- He was an extremely colourful man but was nevertheless full of good advice at the start of my political career.
- While this was a comfortable win for the Boys, nevertheless they had to work hard for it.
- She turned down a small role in Breathless, but nevertheless had married Godard within the year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.