In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Año Nuevo masculinehappy New Year! — ¡Feliz Año (Nuevo)!
- So as we begin a new year, let's make it a point to meet with the Holy Spirit every day.
- We can begin again: a new year is upon us with fresh resolutions to spoil.
- When they returned me to my flat at the beginning of the new year, I began for the first time to seek new friends in a more conventional way.
- The new year has scarcely begun, but Americans watching television have already heard a lot about God.
- The new year began as the last one ended, in fear, horror and bloodshed.
- Hundreds of people began the new year in the icy waters at South Queensferry, near Edinburgh, to raise cash for charity.
- City of York's top two teams began the new year with a bang thanks to big wins over first teams from Leeds and Stockton respectively.
- I am pleased to be able to begin the new year with news of another gigantic Irish's Movie Review Column ticket giveaway.
- A new year has begun and they hope it will be an even better one for the children of Belarus.
- Now, as we begin this new year, we want to look at how all of us can meet the Holy Spirit in a new and deeper way.
- You're meant to make resolutions on New Year's Eve for the new year.
- We're more than two months into the new year and the question is this.
- The president will face a number of critical domestic challenges as the new year begins.
- We begin with a very happy new year on this auspicious new year for Jewish viewers and listeners around the world.
- Thus, once the new year has begun, I'm afraid that conflicts regarding the power plant issue will continue to erupt.
- As the new year began, though, the economy was showing signs of bottoming out.
- However, the new year began with the death of a man in Waterville, Co Kerry.
- The appreciation indices also continued to rise, averaging a phenomenal 85 in the early months of the new year.
- Now, two months into the new year, the consequences appear to be far milder than the insurers suggested.
- The old year ended and the new year began with the American economy in good shape.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.