In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(newcomer)recién llegado masculinerecién llegada feminine
- With a simple interface, even the newest of computer newbies will have no problems using the intranet.
- I'm a newbie on the computer, and I have a big problem with popup advertisements.
- That would seem likely to suggest that anytime someone tries something new - they are a newbie.
- I'm a newbie and am particularly interested in flight simulation.
- On Zoetrope I met other writers, both experienced and newbies like myself, whom I could ask for advice about how to write my script.
- The whole approach to controls allows the game to be accommodating to newbies while not alienating the old timers.
- Now we get to the hardest part for a newbie to water cooling such as myself, the installation of this water cooler.
- Whenever a newbie stumbles by and asks a germane question, the old timers shout him down and tell him to read the FAQ.
- The end result is that these have become dominant and, at least for newbies, very annoying strategies.
- Though you are geared to newbies, you have the answers to questions people like me need but don't always have time to find!
- In a very short period of time, Google went from newbie to industry leader.
- Not surprisingly, younger people and Netizen newbies are less likely to be bothered by spam than older people and internet veterans.
- Counters - these are heavily used on web sites by newbies but appear unprofessional.
- Also in terms of scoring, a newbie will not be worth as much in points as a more experienced commander.
- Everyone using the Internet or a computer was a newbie once.
- I am a newbie to Linux and I need all of the input I can get on the fine points of any process.
- If you are past the newbie stage and ready to go to the next level, this could be the book for you.
- All I said was that newbies are coming online at a slower pace as we reach a higher saturation level.
- In this case, looking for a desktop system, I was almost as much of a newbie as my wife was.
- For newbies, this is still a great game, but for veterans of previous iterations, there's no reason to switch.
2(in computing)novato en computadoras masculinenovata en computadoras femininenovato en ordenadores masculine Spainnovata en ordenadores feminine Spain
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.