In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1agencia de noticias feminine
- The blast came when a bomb exploded outside a shop in the main market of Khost City, the Pakistan-based news agency said.
- The news agency itself wrongly identified its source, a major national newspaper, as The Jakarta Post.
- An unnamed employee in the building told the news agency Efe the blast was so powerful it shook the edifice and felt like an earthquake.
- The German news agency Dpa reports that Kurds have to pay again for further transportation once they arrive in Italy.
- Though she barely spoke English, she did have a degree in journalism and a year's experience working at a Kabul news agency.
- Its best example is Reuters, a news agency which it says produces the equivalent of 10,000 CDs of information every day.
- Chris, you work for the major news agency in the world, the Associated Press, the wire service.
- The news agency had sourced the story to the Public Relations Directorate of the Royal Nepalese Army.
- A news agency recently reported you as the spiritual adviser to His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
- Police were searching for two men believed to be involved in the explosion, the ITAR-Tass news agency reported.
- The funny thing is that New China News Agency is the major news agency in China, it is the news agency in China.
- He was eventually jailed for two years in 1997 for sending threatening letters to a Scottish newspaper and news agency.
- That was denied today by the Press Association, the national news agency which covered the press conference.
- The item was deleted after a news agency reported its existence.
- The Russian news agency ITAR-Tass reported that Massood had also died.
- He was hospitalised in stable condition, the national news agency Bernama reported.
- The water level exceeded 60 cm in some places, the Bulgarian news agency reported.
- The ITAR-Tass news agency reported that there were as many as 100 people in the building at the time of the blast.
- The event was reported by no less than a reporter for the official news agency.
- She previously worked as a reporter for a sports news agency, supplying newspapers and magazines with articles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.