In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pila de níquel-cadmio feminine
- The battery is a NiCad pack that takes between 12 and 14 hours to fully recharge and provides around two hours on full power and five hours when using the 12Watt head alone.
- The unit is powered by a snap-on battery pack containing either a Litium battery or a Nicad rechargeable battery.
- When you recharge a NiCad battery before it is completely drained, the longevity of the battery is compromised.
- A NiMH battery stores more of the chemicals and materials that generate direct current, so it produces more amp hours than a NiCad pack of equivalent volume does.
- I know that spinning a physical disk draws a lot more charge out of a NiCad or Alkaline cell than just pushing electrons around inside a semiconductor chip.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.