In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de poca monta informal
- But talk is cheap and getting cheaper by the day, judging by the nickel-and-dime treatment the troops are getting lately.
- If you want to spend your life chasing nickel-and-dime papers, you go right ahead.
- Harbaugh did nothing but throw nickel-and-dime stuff in the fourth quarter, and if he continues to play, that's probably how it's going to be.
- Making loud noises about nickel-and-dime cuts in small domestic programs is not a fiscal policy.
- The point is, when you have these nickel-and-dime hikes, it's not going to work very much.
- Circling this orgy of nickel-and-dime excess were overhead murals that vaguely recalled the great outdoors with modernist visions of birds flying over mountaintops.
- The welfare class makes a pittance with nickel-and-dime scams that get them scorned and arrested.
- SoBe's owners became so upset by Coke's nickel-and-dime demands that they walked out and quickly cut a deal with Pepsi.
- We couldn't subsidize [housing] enough, so people have to have jobs and they have to be living-wage jobs, not the nickel-and-dime stuff.
- Plugging those nickel-and-dime leaks was Accruent's original mission.
- We were the nickel-and-dime gritty-city crew; never had I felt so much a part of Part II of John Edwards's ‘two Americas’ as I did that afternoon - the poor, wet, huddled part.
- Desorcy, a nickel-and-dime operator, hesitated due to the large amount.
- There are a few class acts, but in general the skateboard industry is still a pretty nickel-and-dime affair.
- The old-line NFL people called it a nickel-and-dime offense.
- But often the real pleasure of this genre is in the little cons, the microcosmic nickel-and-dime swindles scattered around in the first reel.
- Ideally, a couple will have fallen into a pattern not so much of nickel-and-dime quid pro quo, but rather, a more natural exchange of, let's say, in-kind donations.
- But Schneider, reminding this Judge of a younger, pudgier, Southern-fried Kevin Costner, holds up his end in the more central and screentime-intensive role of the nickel-and-dime Lothario who finally meets his match.
- Charging for seats with padded armrests or for reclining seats are among other nickel-and-dime possibilities, according to The Post.
- In the last few years, any nickel-and-dime protest outfit could make a name for itself by getting pepper sprayed on television.
- We can start with a tiny company in a hardscrabble nickel-and-dime industry and build it into a billion-dollar business.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.