In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nicotina femininebefore noun nicotine chewing gum — chicle de / con nicotina masculine
- nicotine poisoning — nicotinismo
- nicotine stain — mancha de nicotina
- My experience with many smokers has led me to believe that nicotine is not the evil thing it is made out to be.
- Despite the risks, marijuana was nowhere near as addictive as nicotine, he said.
- Heavy doses of sugar and caffeine can hook you just as easily as nicotine or crack cocaine.
- Many of them do themselves further harm by smoking, because nicotine suppresses appetite.
- The experts at the service explain just how much nicotine is going into you, how much is in one cigarette and why we become addicted.
- Even in adolescence, many smokers are addicted to nicotine and would like to stop smoking.
- Caffeine, for example, is a powerful stimulant, while the nicotine in cigarettes is a sedative.
- He took out a cigarette and lighted it, taking his time to draw in the smoke and nicotine.
- These laws offer a promising framework for the regulation of nicotine, including tobacco products.
- The nicotine in tobacco smoke causes both physical and psychological dependence.
- These patches contain nicotine and cost roughly the same as cigarettes do.
- I understand these results are based on the amount of nicotine found in the bloodstream.
- When you stop smoking, the withdrawal from nicotine can be as difficult as withdrawing from heroin or cocaine.
- It blocks the effects of nicotine but does not precipitate withdrawal symptoms.
- Tar and nicotine travels over the placenta and in large amounts will kill the fetus.
- At the end of the day, tar is far more dangerous than cannabis and nicotine is far more addictive than cannabis.
- I have every sympathy for those smokers who continue to be addicted to nicotine.
- While a person is smoking, nicotine reaches the brain faster than drugs that enter the body directly through the veins.
- Non-smokers who are exposed to smoke absorb nicotine and other compounds just as smokers do.
- That the chemical nicotine is why people smoke has been known for more than 60 years.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.