In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lombriz de tierra feminine
- He has been somewhere in Northern Montana digging for night crawlers in the past few months.
- If you were to grasp one in your hand, it would squirm like a healthy night crawler trying to escape the hook.
- The night before, he'd worked the counter, ringing up minnows, night crawlers, and bobbers, just like always.
- Quickly Megan did the best she could to mash up the night crawler and get the birds to beg for it.
- Red wiggler worms are the most common vermicompost worm, not the large night crawlers often used as fishing bait.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.