In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Not only did this nightmarish thing provoke instant nausea, it blocked my entire view of the stage!
- Once night falls and your enemies switch from the mundane to the nightmarish, the game becomes a dark feast for the senses.
- The story of the seven nightmarish days will be screened tonight at 7pm, with the second episode on January 15.
- It was the middle of the day, and the cloudless sky above took on a nightmarish shade of black.
- I mean it's a sort of a mythic, horrible, nightmarish kind of vision, isn't it?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.