1persona que aprueba la realización de obras públicas pero que no las quiere en su vecindarioNimbies who object to the new railway line passing by their houses — los objetores que se oponen a la nueva línea de tren porque pasa cerca de su casa
- It will provide a field day for Nimbys, malicious competitors, busybodies and timewasters.
- But that is what we are asking of the women, and that is what makes this bill not only a Nimby bill but also one that states that what is good for the goose is not good for the gander.
- The argument that third generation mobile phone technology is non-essential and, therefore, fair game for the Nimby brigade, is flawed.
- For them, he is the classic example of a Nimby and, to boot, a ‘white settler’, who thinks he can ride roughshod over local sensibilities.
- As a nation we want Scotland to grow and thrive but there is too much of a Nimby culture against new housing development.
- The great majority of councillors' time is devoted to the interminable squabbling amongst Nimby neighbours about development applications.
- So the war of Romney Marsh is not just between Labour and Tory, or between Nimbys and people with a sense of global responsibility.
- Now, I accept that our horror of such a plan could make us all look like Nimbys, the ‘not in my backyard’ set.
- In response to these comments: it has become popular to label anyone who objects to a development as a Nimby.
- I see that the whingeing Nimbys from Bilbrough are at it again, thinking they have the right to prevent outsiders driving over their own personal roads.
- We didn't have a Nimby attitude, and we got some early compensation.
- It is no answer to the problem for the Nimbys, already established in their ever-expanding residences, to propose that there should be no further development or increase in population density in Balmain.
- Is he bitter because they didn't get any money from the Nimbys' homes being built or are all the villagers Nimbys who live in the new developments?
- Newcomers who want to freeze a village on the day they arrive are the second-worst kind of Nimby.
- Yes you can call me a Nimby but the pollution trail will affect the whole Atlantic.
- Neither his attitude nor his language is acceptable from a member of a committee on which the majority group itself acted on deeply Nimby principles.
- But will the government dare concrete over the region to help key workers get a foot on the housing ladder when this would be sure to antagonise Nimby voters in marginal constituencies?