- It occurs in all kinds of minerals, such as oxides, carbonates, nitrates, sulfates, and phosphates.
- By depositing proteins as monolayers onto gold colloids, the aim will be to develop biosensors for nitrate and nitric oxide with detection capabilities approaching those of natural bacterial cells.
- For instance, the nitrogen cycle in the atmosphere is highly complex with a number of variables affecting the nitrate and nitric acid generation that can end up in the ice.
- Many nitrates are ionic in nature, but heavy metal nitrates and anhydrous nitrates have covalently bonded nitrate groups.
- Nitric oxide, nitrates, and sulfa-containing drugs are the most frequent precipitants of clinically important methemoglobinemia.