In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ácido nítrico masculine
- Oxidizing acids such as nitric acid or strong sulphuric acid cannot be handled with copper alloys.
- A nitronium ion, made by treating nitric acid with sulfuric acid, is the electrophile.
- Ether can be oxidized by nitric acid to produce ethanoic acid.
- In a second method, toluene is mixed with nitric acid and oxidized to produce benzoic acid.
- When ammonia is reacted with nitric acid, ammonium nitrate is produced.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.