In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nitrógeno masculine(fertilizer) nitrogenadothe nitrogen cycle — el ciclo del nitrógeno
- Obviously, vigorous shoots in high light attracted more nitrogen from other sources.
- These are then carried to the chamber in which the coating will be applied by an inert carrier gas such as nitrogen.
- This may be due to the different functions of nitrogen and phosphorus in the plant.
- Seeds were not inoculated with rhizobia and plants were dependent on inorganic nitrogen.
- Another approach is to apply less nitrogen and cut silage at the usual time of year.
- The data demonstrate that nitrogen and phosphorus are in especially short supply.
- This is a wasteful process causing a net loss of nitrogen to the animal and pollution of the environment.
- Real snow was to have been made on site by spraying air, water, and liquid nitrogen under pressure.
- The samples were frozen in liquid nitrogen to prevent migration of the fluorescent compounds.
- Ammonium is the reduced nitrogen form available to plants for assimilation into amino acids.
- Fertilisers contain high concentrations of nitrogen to help promote the growth of crops.
- They rise during the day to find sunlight and sink to the depths at night, possibly to absorb nitrogen.
- The absorption of nitrogen by plants plays an important role in their growth.
- Plant tissue was ground in liquid nitrogen and the protein extracted as described earlier.
- A continuous flow of liquid nitrogen is then circulated through the probe into the lung and out again.
- They are formed as a consequence of a layer of nitrogen in the upper atmosphere that also attacks ozone.
- Their gas mix contains far less nitrogen than their air table or computer assumes they are breathing.
- The white clover takes nitrogen from the air and puts it into the soil for the grass to feed on.
- The study mapped where common heather was contaminated by nitrogen in excess of safety limits.
- This is where the body's tissues have been loaded by nitrogen and micro bubbles have been formed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.