In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1óxido nitroso masculine
- Other trace gases include methane, nitrous oxide, carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide, and ozone.
- Carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and other gases are known collectively as greenhouse gases because they trap heat in the atmosphere.
- These gases, including carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide, absorb heat more readily than do the main constituents of our atmosphere, oxygen and nitrogen.
- This patient, a young woman, had obtained her nitrous oxide from cartridges of nitrous oxide used to aerate cream.
- He underwent surgery under general anaesthesia with oxygen in nitrous oxide.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.