In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1eating with your fingers is a no-no — comer con las manos es algo que no se hace / que está mal visto
- Is it OK with everyone if we discuss the particulars or is that a no-no?
- Compromising an intelligence source for political gain is a huge no-no.
- Traditional wisdom says that if you care about fat and pounds, then ice cream is a definite no-no.
- The embarrassment concluded with his attempt to kiss Princess Anne's hand, a royal no-no.
- That sort of event was a definite no-no and he worked hard to prevent such things.
- Dirt and grease under the fingernails is a no-no, as it detracts from a woman's jewellery and alters the taste of finger foods.
- The first rays of the morning sun can do terrible damage, so an east-facing wall is a definite no-no.
- Wiggling out was a definite no-no since he had already made sure that I had nowhere else to turn to.
- Smoking is a definite no-no, while alcohol consumption should be kept at sensible limits.
- Is plagiarism a moral and ethical crime or just a naughty no-no?
- Whether you're grabbing a meal on the run or topping up on a long drive, eating and driving is an absolute no-no.
- He adds that typographical errors, hand written documents and bad grammar are major no-nos.
- It sounded inviting, but I was told that swimming with the manatees was a no-no.
- Since he also caters for kids, obscenities and alcohol are a complete no-no.
- So an office at that end of the building is a definite no-no as the droning hum could drive me mad.
- It took me all of five minutes, for example, to conclude that high-waisted trousers and Botox are a definite no-no.
- Biker jackets and high-tech styling are trends that might seem like a no-no for adults.
- There were some people putting ropes on the whales and the wildlife officials say that's a no-no.
- Chinese eateries are usually associated with pork, and that is a no-no for Muslims.
- This is a definite no-no if you're looking for quality protein to add to your active lifestyle.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.