In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Her wrist and knee were warm, red, swollen, and tender, but she had no rashes or subcutaneous nodules.
- Except for her purulent, multifocal, subcutaneous nodules, she was generally in good health.
- Endoscopy evaluation revealed an antral nodule, which was biopsied.
- The clinical significance of these small nodules of Langerhans cells is not fully understood.
- The subcutaneous nodule, 1.7 cm across, was excised under local anaesthetic.
- Regional adenopathy, satellite lesions, and subcutaneous nodules can be present.
- Metastases from cutaneous melanoma normally present as flesh coloured papules or nodules in the skin.
- The most common presenting lesions are papules, vesicles, pustules, and nodules.
- A computed tomography scan showed multiple nodules in the liver and bilateral pulmonary metastasis.
- She already had hepatic involvement, and the subcutaneous nodules spread over the whole of her trunk.
- Ultrasound techniques classify nodules as solid or cystic in the belief that solid lesions might be malignant and cystic lesions benign.
- The most common presentation for thyroid or salivary gland cancer is an asymptomatic nodule within the gland.
- Leprosy is associated with symmetric skin lesions, nodules, plaques, and a thickened dermis.
- Computed tomography showed a solitary nodule in the right lobe of the liver.
- A thyroid nodule is a palpable swelling in a thyroid gland with an otherwise normal appearance.
- These papules or nodules develop in areas that the patient can reach.
- Rashes with purpura, urticaria, and subcutaneous nodules are common.
- This produces a deeper infection, in the form of pustules and nodules.
- The most severe form of leprosy produces large disfiguring nodules, or lumps.
- It tends to appear as a papule or nodule with an epithelialized, pearly appearance, but may ulcerate in some cases.
- This is seen in longstanding sarcoidosis, in which asymptomatic, violaceous nodules are seen on nose, fingers, and ears.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.