In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Regional adenopathy, satellite lesions, and subcutaneous nodules can be present.
- The most severe form of leprosy produces large disfiguring nodules, or lumps.
- These papules or nodules develop in areas that the patient can reach.
- This is seen in longstanding sarcoidosis, in which asymptomatic, violaceous nodules are seen on nose, fingers, and ears.
- The most common presenting lesions are papules, vesicles, pustules, and nodules.
- It tends to appear as a papule or nodule with an epithelialized, pearly appearance, but may ulcerate in some cases.
- The subcutaneous nodule, 1.7 cm across, was excised under local anaesthetic.
- Computed tomography showed a solitary nodule in the right lobe of the liver.
- Except for her purulent, multifocal, subcutaneous nodules, she was generally in good health.
- A thyroid nodule is a palpable swelling in a thyroid gland with an otherwise normal appearance.
- Metastases from cutaneous melanoma normally present as flesh coloured papules or nodules in the skin.
- She already had hepatic involvement, and the subcutaneous nodules spread over the whole of her trunk.
- Ultrasound techniques classify nodules as solid or cystic in the belief that solid lesions might be malignant and cystic lesions benign.
- Leprosy is associated with symmetric skin lesions, nodules, plaques, and a thickened dermis.
- This produces a deeper infection, in the form of pustules and nodules.
- The clinical significance of these small nodules of Langerhans cells is not fully understood.
- A computed tomography scan showed multiple nodules in the liver and bilateral pulmonary metastasis.
- The most common presentation for thyroid or salivary gland cancer is an asymptomatic nodule within the gland.
- Rashes with purpura, urticaria, and subcutaneous nodules are common.
- Her wrist and knee were warm, red, swollen, and tender, but she had no rashes or subcutaneous nodules.
- Endoscopy evaluation revealed an antral nodule, which was biopsied.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.