In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We follow the general rules of zebrafish nomenclature for designating locus and allele names.
- Official codes of nomenclature continue to enforce this rule - one name, one species - although rooting out synonyms and homonyms is a constant struggle.
- Then, as now, type specimens constituted the fundamental entity upon which species are described according to the rules of zoological nomenclature.
- These set guidelines and publish a reports containing the rules of nomenclature.
- A few years ago they started a system of plate nomenclature - three letters, three numbers.
- Jemima Lewis in the Telegraph makes some telling points about journalistic iconography and scientific nomenclature.
- In phylogenetic nomenclature, taxon name definitions are based on ancestry and descent rather than the possession of subjective ‘key’ characters.
- The topics in those categories that were less widely dispersed throughout the curriculum included stereochemistry, drug design, drug nomenclature, natural products and biotechnology.
- No consistent system of nomenclature has emerged for the description of stromatoporoid external morphology.
- Various aspects of nomenclature, classification, pathogenesis, antifungal therapy, laboratory methods and associated terminologies have been suitably updated.
- As concerns nomenclature, inadvertently, Professor Judson fails to follow his own advice, no doubt because he is a historian, not a biologist.
- Each type of study has produced its own system of nomenclature and, hence, classification.
- As usual, we must begin with a careful study of nomenclature, using well-established rules of anatomical deconstruction.
- For reasons given by Nevo, we will follow the traditional nomenclature, which considers separate taxa.
- In conclusion, White's insistence on the need for consistency in mineral nomenclature is important, and, over time, I suspect that many of the problems he identifies will be sorted out.
- What we need is a return to industry-wide nomenclature for malicious code; used by all vendors and facilitating the reporting, analysis, and resolution of such outbreaks.
- And, again as with wine, a whole complex system of nomenclature and description has grown up.
- Chapter 2 provides an informative and readable summary of nomenclature covering the rules and concepts of the zoological and botanical codes and their relation to stability.
- The Levinson system of nomenclature was proposed originally for rare-earth minerals in order to avoid a proliferation of trivial names.
- The gene nomenclature follows the rules for gene symbols in wheat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.