In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To accomplish this, the author has relied on open and non-attributable sources, because most intelligence services refused to comment for the record.
- What I don't understand is why these file deletions are non-attributable?
- Alexander had escaped the media attention so the same friends, briefing on a non-attributable basis, insisted the time had been right for her to step out of the political spotlight.
- If so, is there a decrease in those with general non-attributable retardation?
- The non-attributable pressure loss at the seams degrades flow calculations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.