In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1no creyente feminine
- As far as livelihood is concerned, the Almighty gives it to both the believers and the non-believers.
- Many people go through life either being a believer or a non-believer in a religious or spiritual ‘reality’.
- In turn, regulation helps these dominant groups recruit non-believers and atheists.
- So it is natural that both non-believers and believers will want to sift the historical evidence carefully.
- I've even known non-believers who attended church functions simply because there was no other form of social interaction around at all.
- I find it increasingly hard to tell the difference between believers and non-believers.
- After all, why believe if non-believers can also be saved?
- It is not true that these events have the same impact on the believers as the non-believers.
- It was to be neutral between the many brands of Christianity and between Christian and Jews, believers and non-believers.
- Nobody wants to be tortured, be he or she a Muslim or a Christian or a Buddhist or even a non-believer.
- All major world-religions have a religious task to spread the religion and convert non-believers.
- Unlike many non-believers, I regard religion as a valuable cultural resource in a heterogeneous modern democracy.
- These tactics resulted in massive declines in church memberships and dramatic increases in atheists and non-believers.
- This ratio of believers to non-believers had not changed in 80 years.
- I think it's probably true that a lot of non-believers are rude about religion.
- It is shared by religious believers and non-believers of very different social backgrounds and in very different countries.
- Thus, it should make little difference to the non-believer, in my mind, whether God had anything to do with the formation of the canon or not.
- It does not distinguish between believers and non-believers in granting that sacred right to life.
- Ramos Horta, who is a non-believer himself nevertheless says religious faith does have a role to play in healing the wounds of the past.
- Given the choice, there aren't many non-believers who're keen to lose their heads on principle, so this has been more the province of those with differing religious beliefs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.