In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The vulnerability of biodiversity components due to both biological and non-biological features must be taken into account.
- Natalie and David Dexter are non-biological siblings living in a southern English town, adopted at different ages by Lynne and Ralph during the 1960s.
- The combination of the software of biological human intelligence with the benefits of non-biological intelligence will be very formidable.
- In an interview, Michael Mumma said that much of the methane in Earth's atmosphere is the result of biological processes, although some can be traced to non-biological activities, such as geochemistry.
- The tendency to conceptualise medical problems in biological terms is powerful, and medical practitioners are often reluctant to explore the non-biological aspects of a patient's case.
- A notorious example was the alleged life in the Martian meteorite, now almost universally discredited as being of non-biological origin.
- Other scientists claimed, however, that the ‘fossils’ were formed by non-biological processes.
- Perhaps it is possible that a sufficiently complex, intricately connected non-biological entity or system could become conscious and self-aware.
- If they truly believe there is nothing unnatural about such behavior they will have to argue their case based on non-biological factors.
- But combining biological and non-biological materials in one device has stymied researchers in the past.
- The criteria for scoring have been standardized in order to minimize non-biological variation and to allow comparison between laboratories.
- Are there non-biological ways to alter the biochemistry of the brain?
- The experiments show that a non-biological source of hydrocarbons may lie in Earth's mantle and was created from reactions between water and rock - not just from the decomposition of living organisms.
- Most importantly, we'll be able to enhance our biological intelligence with non-biological intelligence through intimate connections.
- Experimental work in non-biological systems has demonstrated that vortex trails shed by upstream bodies can intercept and affect the strength of developing vortices generated by bodies downstream.
- Similarly, non-biological entities such as expert systems, computer viruses or artificial intelligence could conceivably by considered to be ‘alive’.
- Phase changes are fundamental to many biological and non-biological processes on the Earth and in the universe in general.
- Basically, from what I'm gathering from this article, its about how complex biological (and even non-biological systems) spontaneously act in unison.
- How does non-biological evolution differ from biological evolution?
- What it will say is that it has developed a way of replicating viral antibodies using non-biological means, specifically ‘computer and microelectronics technology’.
- If we do, the amino acids could be non-biological.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.