In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They are chemically very stable, non-flammable, non-toxic, and easily liquefied.
- If crayon gets into the dryer and melts onto the drum, remove as much as possible with non-flammable household cleaner.
- Always dress your baby in non-flammable sleepwear.
- These items are 100 percent ozone-safe, non-flammable and replaceable or refillable.
- But 99.9% of the time they're made of fairly non-flammable stuff, nowhere near anything else flammable, with no harmful effects.
- They also advised that burning candles should always be kept in a secure non-flammable container away from flammable materials, and it should always be ensured that they are properly put out.
- But she is determined to use her experience to help others and she has launched a campaign to have children's nightwear and clothing made from non-flammable materials.
- Caves are also non-flammable and easily defended.
- It's the first airship to use non-flammable gas.
- Finding a suitable non-flammable substitute for wood meant designing buildings with noncombustible floors and roofs.
- And I walked into the toystore and found an age-appropriate, non-flammable present.
- Nineteen thirty-two also saw the introduction of a new handle material which was advertised to be tough, non-flammable and a perfect insulator against electricity.
- As a buy-to-let landlord, you will also be subject to health and safety laws such as ensuring an annual gas safety check is carried out and that any furniture and furnishings you supply are non-flammable.
- Biodiesel is sulfur free, non-flammable and biodegrades faster than sugar.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.