In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He's joined by his wife Jennifer who is the director of CARE, another non-governmental organization.
- In each case, it was non-governmental organizations that were the driving forces behind these profound changes.
- The committee comprises representatives of government and non-governmental organizations.
- Though routinely referred to as a non-governmental organization, the US Congress funds it.
- Moreover, there is a large role for non-governmental organizations in both approaches.
- The main organizers of this march were the labor movement and many other non-governmental organizations.
- As an independent non-governmental organization, the fund does not get financial support from the government.
- They were also subject to rather stricter rules about the security of their staff than were non-governmental organizations.
- Here is an article about non-governmental organizations and how businesses should respond to them.
- Meanwhile, many non-governmental organizations are also promoting sustainable development.
- All sorts of establishments in the Governmental and non-governmental sectors have been categorized and listed.
- Governmental and non-governmental agencies can provide support and information to active groups rooted in village and community.
- It must instead rely on complaints from citizens, firms, and non-governmental organizations.
- A likely source of balance is from the non-governmental organizations, such as Oxfam.
- The management of each reserve was handed over to a local non-governmental organization.
- Few non-governmental organizations represented anything but parochial interests.
- The organization has support from unions, religious groups and non-governmental organizations.
- He founded the Institute for Democracy and Mediation, a non-governmental organization, in Tirana.
- Meanwhile, many non-governmental organizations are taking a more active approach.
- More than half the subscribers are employees of foreign non-governmental organizations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.