In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He hoped Jack wouldn't be smart enough to claim non-payment in court.
- I can see my biggest business risk is bad debts or non-payment by customers.
- The issue of non-payment was not that there was a lack of money, but could be that invoices had not been sent to the department, he said.
- They are protesting non-payment of salaries for the months of December, January, February and March.
- In the event of non-payment, the bank will have recourse against the supplier, its customer.
- The other day an acquaintance of mine mentioned in passing that he was due in court on Thursday for non-payment of council tax.
- They had put my son in care up there for non-payment of fines.
- It makes great sense for the provider as they are covered in the event of non-payment.
- Pensioners from all trade unions daily throng the streets protesting against non-payment of entitlements.
- The reason behind non-payment of salaries was that the Finance Department was yet to sanction these posts.
- When a bill is dishonoured by non-acceptance or by non-payment, the holder has to take certain prescribed steps.
- The tenant workers proclaimed that there was a right to housing and that tenants could not be evicted for non-payment of rent.
- Plus, of course, they wanted a penalty for non-payment since I'd closed the bank account that paid off the balance each month.
- They embraced nuclear weapons, denounced non-payment of the poll tax, and voted for the expulsion of socialists from the party.
- A couple of years ago an acquaintance of mine ended up in court for non-payment of Council Tax.
- At Christmas Mr Wilson was warned by the finance company he could be taken to court for non-payment.
- The policy will terminate automatically 15 days after non-payment of the premium.
- At present, non-payment of a fine leads to courts serving warrants on defaulters.
- He summarised that there appeared to be a number of reasons for non-payment, both by individuals and institutions.
- The 6,500 employees at HM have endured irregular or non-payment of salaries for more than a year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.