In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1que no juega
- She'll gracefully decline the captaincy, and thereafter can run the team as its non-playing skipper.
- That money will enable the club to pay its playing and non-playing staff their wages for July today.
- This applies to both playing and non-playing members.
- Matthew Dunham, a partner in RSM Rhodes administrators, said non-playing staff at football clubs run a much greater risk than players.
- With the players now firmly in control of the Veteran's Committee and reviewing non-playing candidates only every four years, he'll have to wait quite a bit longer.
- Saha sat on the Wembley bench as a non-playing squad member when Newcastle lost to Manchester United in the 1999 final during a short period with the Magpies on loan from Metz.
- In addition, flank Blackie Swart comes onto the bench ahead of Marcel van der Walt although Van der Walt remains with the team as a non-playing reserve.
- The cost is €20 for playing members, €10 for non-playing members and juveniles.
- On the non-playing side of the club many thanks are due to all those involved with fund-raising during the year.
- The cost for this year is €10 for juveniles and non-playing members and €20 for adult players.
- The non-playing captain of the team Suresh Subramaniam was optimistic about our chances at the tournament which will also take place at the Green Path courts.
- Mr Lowe said the club was structured to absorb much of the financial pain, but he could not guarantee against redundancies for some of the non-playing staff at St Mary's.
- The other half will be used to make a gift to each of the non-playing staff at the football club.
- On the way to London David ‘Farmer’ Marshall ordered the full works for the non-playing staff.
- Ten players were released, nine were made redundant and five non-playing staff also lost their jobs, but Boyle, too, suffered financially.
- Playing and non-playing members of Carlow Rugby Club who have undergone an ‘intensive training’ course on catwalk management will model the clothes.
- The players and non-playing staff are also showing their support by deferring up to 25 per cent of wages so that the club can move forward.
- The Stradbally club has 148 playing members and 50 non-playing members.
- Crystal ware was the theme of the day with eight prizes provided and presented by Lady Captain Margaret Rothwell at the evening dinner for 108 competitors and non-playing members.
- How the non-playing staff would love those kind of assurances.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.