In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There are many advantages to having a fast, accessible, modern, quiet, non-polluting tram system.
- It delivers some of its meals in a nonpolluting electric truck.
- It is essential that the U. S. develop new sustainable sources of nonpolluting energy.
- The Union Cabinet approved relaxation in licensing norms for location of non-polluting industrial units in the suburban limits of big cities.
- A sleek, almost silent, nonpolluting fuel cell-powered motorcycle is set to begin gliding down U.S. streets by the end of 2006.
- This is the single measure that would do most to get silent, non-polluting vehicles on our urban streets.
- Critics say that this is just a diversion from investing resources in truly non-polluting technologies.
- Companies that produce lots of carbon dioxide emissions sometimes purchase offsets to subsidize nonpolluting energy alternatives.
- The new Taurus cartridges are not only effective, but also non-polluting.
- In the 1970s, Prince Rainier began encouraging the development of light, non-polluting industries.
- Over the last two years, installations of this clean non-polluting energy source have increased by 1,000 percent.
- Nonetheless, streetcars have regained their appeal in recent years, as the demand for non-polluting transportation rose.
- The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved relaxation in licensing norms for location of non-polluting industrial units in the suburban limits of big cities.
- In many parts of the continent, you can tap the power of the wind to generate nonpolluting renewable electricity for your home.
- Not having to worry about the expenses of nonpolluting factories makes it cheaper to run them.
- The new facilities for visitors are being established following a rigorous environmental design strategy employing local non polluting renewable energy sources available on the site.
- Above all, the Maharashtra Pollution Control Board has found that the conversion of plastic waste into fuel is non-polluting.
- For example, an enterprise which caused pollution that other businesses then cleaned up would contribute more to GNP than a non-polluting enterprise.
- They have built a buoy that may prove to be an efficient, nonpolluting generator of electricity.
- Basically, the aim is to get teenagers talking about the plus points of this non-polluting energy source.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.