In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We see more and more non-productive, non-essential posts being created to give the illusion that local government is doing something.
- Many non-productive activities were able to survive and hold or divert resources from more productive and sustainable activities.
- Tribals hold a majority of the non-productive land in the hills, but two-thirds of the regional population lives on one-third of the land.
- He's the most non-productive person I've ever seen.
- Therefore, 10 percent could be used most effectively to alienate traditional fishing grounds, leaving vast areas of non-productive barrens.
- I can see us having a million non-productive chickens in a few years time!
- The Government will grab money from the production sector, drive it into the ground, and give the money away to the non-productive sector.
- Mathis says the actual efficiency achieved as of the end of 2004 was about 57% - a reduction from 105 hours to 45 hours per week of non-productive work.
- Importantly, unprecedented amounts of non-productive debt have been created of increasingly suspect quality, whose value is sustained only by additional non-productive Credit creation.
- The lie consists of the implication that the election was a victory by the relatively non-productive elements of society.
- There is too much political correctness and a massive transfer of wealth has taken place from the productive to the non-productive sectors of the economy.
- This distribution of profits even includes profits earned in non-productive sectors.
- If we take into account all the non-productive time that businesses have to comply with - the paperwork that goes with being in business - then the rate per hour is $15.37, which is not an attractive proposition.
- Second, this is a particularly dangerous stage of the Credit cycle, as the preponderance of lending and speculating is reverberating through non-productive debt creation.
- Smokers, especially young ones are also likely to commit more crime and be generally non-productive in every day society.
- In clinical, economic terms, with children comes the arrival of non-productive yet highly consumptive members of the household.
- It makes playfulness and creativity sound entirely frivolous and non-productive, and maintains a peculiar distinction between work and leisure.
- General Insurance Corporation is all set to scrap its non-productive schemes, as part of its revamp exercise.
- Sinking yields - in the face of an acute inflationary ‘blow off’ bias throughout mortgage finance - will only stimulate greater non-productive debt expansion.
- And the Government has frittered away a huge fortune by recruiting a vast army of non-productive civil servants.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.